If you like to keep up on the latest trends in education, then you’ve come to the right place! The Common Core State Standards are all over the news right now—for good reason, too.
The CCSS Scoop:
1. Everything You Need to Know About Common Core Testing
THE Journal, Kristen Swanson
2. Don’t fear Common Core, Nielsen tells local Republicans
Island Packet, Casey Conley
3. CCSS: Federal education secretary has harsh words for critics
mLive, Brian Smith
4. Common Core foes spreading misinformation, Duncan says
Washington Post, Lyndsey Layton
5. Myths fuel attacks on ‘Common Core’ standards: Our view
USA TODAY, Editorial Board
6. Report: Most IT Pros Say Common Core Will Be Good for Their District
THE Journal, Joshua Bolkan
If you’ve come to hear my opinion on the standards, I think they’re very good (from what I’ve seen so far). I really appreciate the focus on critical thinking and making cross-subject connections and I think they’ll prove to be a positive step in the right direction.
While I may not be 100% behind the way they’re being adopted around the country, these standards are a well-intended effort to improve the quality of learning in the United States.
So, now you know where I stand. What do you think? Please let me know in the comment section below!