Sight words, also known as Dolch words, are very important in early education. Each sight words list includes 220 of the most common words in children’s books that are critical to reading development.
Many of these words are difficult to sound out or illustrate, so that’s why a child needs to recognize them on sight. Get it? “Sight” words? It all makes sense, now!
These lists are courtesy of k12reader.com. I’ve provided quick links for you to download them here:
If you’re teaching sight words, check out these “UNO” style reinforcement games:
- Sight words game cards bundle (PreK-3rd)
– PreK sight words game cards
– Kindergarten sight words game cards
– First grade sight words game cards
– Second grade sight words game cards
– Third grade sight words game cards
Thank you for visiting my blog! If you’re looking for printable sight words lists, I’m guessing that you teach elementary. So, you might enjoy this post:
Please feel free to share it with your friends and colleagues! Happy teaching.