As you probably already know, there is a lot of controversy surrounding the Common Core State Standards these days.
Every pundit and politician from every walk of life has something to say about them.
But, what do we as teachers think about them? Isn’t that more important, anyway?
Here’s a collection of some of this week’s must-read articles about the CCSS. Hopefully they’ll help you to form your own opinion of the standards.
The CCSS Scoop:
1. Report: States Make Headway in Aligning Curriculum to Common Core
Edweek, Erik Robelen
2. How Are Teachers Getting Ready for the Common Core?
The Journal, Jennifer Demski
3. Common Core is Within America’s Educational Tradition
The Detroit News, Michael Williamson
4. States’ Common-Core To-Do Lists Topped by Tests, Curricula
Edweek, Andrew Ujifusa
5. How Tech Directors Must Really Prepare for Common Core
The Journal, Geoffrey H. Fletcher
6. States Lack Resources, Funds to Implement Common Core
U.S. News & World Report, Allie Bidwell
If you’re looking for resources on how to implement the Common Core State Standards in your classroom, visit the following link:
[10 FREE Common Core Resources]
Thanks for stopping by the Best Teacher Resources Blog! Have you read any compelling pieces about the CCSS lately? If so, please share the link with everyone in the comments below!
Also, don’t forget to LIKE my Facebook page and sign up to receive my FREE newsletter!