This Wheel of Fortune PowerPoint template can be used to review with your class before big tests and exams! I like to use it to reinforce key vocabulary words and some of my colleagues use it for spelling practice. I’ve included the instructions directly from the PowerPoint file below so that you can get an idea of how it works.
This template is recommended for PCs only because it uses PowerPoint macros for the scoring. Your version of PowerPoint probably already has macros enabled, but, if it doesn’t, watch this video to learn how to enable them. It’s super easy!
Click here to check out this game template on Teachers Pay Teachers. 3 slides, includes basic animation.
***How to set up this game template***
1. Due to the nature of the Wheel of Fortune game, a round of this game is played relatively quickly (when compared to other TV game show games). That’s why this game template can be edited on-the-fly during gameplay.
All you have to do is add the game category or clue to the top of Slide 2 (during gameplay), and the vocabulary word or answer that you’re reviewing (during gameplay), and you’re ready to play!
***How to play Wheel of Riches***
1. During gameplay, you can easily enter in the game category by editing the “Type Category Here” box.
2. During gameplay, you can easily enter in the review vocabulary by editing each individual tile on the game board. Use the underscore ( _ ) to represent letters that have not been guessed. You can edit each individual tile to add the letters as students guess them during gameplay.
3. During gameplay, you can keep track of the letters that have been used by entering them into the “Letters Used:” box.
4. During gameplay, you can keep track of each team’s points by entering them into each team’s respective points box.
5. To go to the wheel slide during gameplay, click the wheel toward the center-bottom of the screen.
If you’re ready to play this game with your class, get it here!